Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sparklies

Googling cross stitch stuff paid off big time for me... I discovered Sparklies! It's a lady in the UK who hand dyes fabrics and they are beautiful! I had chosen a new Mirabilia design that I want to stitch and so I chose this fabric to work it on. I was so giddy with excitement the day I chose it out and the day it finally arrived in the mail. It is AWESOME. It's called "Pitch" and I chose it in opalescent (which means it SPARKLES!). It's gorgeous and I began stitching on it yesterday. 

This material is going to make this piece simply breathtaking, in my opinion. The design I'm stitching is called Stargazer. It's of a woman in a beautiful flowing dress, hands to her chest, eyes lifted heavenward towards a sky full of stars. It's full of beadwork that will be in her dress and the stars in the sky. I can't even begin to describe to you how excited I am to be working on this! I'll post pictures of my progress as it's coming along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment